This blessed and beloved
church was founded in the summer of 1870
by Charles Weems, Joe Person, and Jim
Simpson. There were only 12 members at
the time it was organized ; that was the
founders and their immediate families.
The first pastor to serve
was Robert Casey. The church was
initially located near Oakland, a
community west of Florence, Alabama.
From there Oak Grove moved to a location
still near the Oakland Community called
Jones Place. The third move was to its
present location here on Waterloo Road.
Oak Grove has had a total
of 45 pastors including our current
pastor, Rev. Raymond B. Swafford.
Serving presently as Presiding Elder is
Rev. Dwight E. Dillard, with The Right
Rev. Harry Lee Seawright as the Presiding
Bishop. Oak Grove currently has 110